Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

30 January 2010

Two Public Service Announcements

1.  To fellow bloggers...some time last year I wrote a post lamenting the fact that aspects of Blogger are quite problematic, like the way it adds lines between paragraphs at will and how hard it is to put photos into the text without it rearranging the format.  Well, I discovered the other day that Blogger has updated its editor and the new one is much, MUCH more useful.  It gives you more options (like easy strike through) and downloading photos and rearranging them is now a snap.  Even for me.  So look for the spot where you get to update it (sorry, I can't remember where I found it...see, I am really hopeless...but it isn't too hard to find because I managed to find it) and go for it.  It will make your blogging life much easier.

2.  To the dear folk who subscribe to this blog via email...as soon as I have published this post I am going to get rid of this means of subscribing on my sidebar because I have some unhappy issues with Feedburner.  As I don't know enough about all of this, I don't know if it will affect your subscription or not.  It may be that you have control over your subscription.  If that is the case, I am happy for you to keep receiving posts from this blog via email but this facility won't be available to anyone else.  Subscriptions, if you like to read blogs this way, will need to via Google (or some other) reader.  Otherwise, just keep clicking on my actual blog and see it in its natural setting. 

Thanks.  Mxx

3 comments:

Sarah said...

If you remember where you saw how to fix photos etc, I would be VERY interested to hear what you found out. I have had lots of problems uploading photos with Blogger; they seem to go all over the place and it's often hard to put captions under photos without everything going haywire. I looked at my blog on someone else's computer and the captions didn't match up with the photos; they probably wondered what I was going on about but it all looked fine on my laptop.

Meredith said...

Hi Sarah.

I have been poking around my "draft blog" but I can't find the new editor anywhere and wonder whether it was sorted out on both of my blogs in the one account.

I can't remember where it was but if you have a dig around the dashboard I'd be pretty confident you will find what you are looking for. From memory it is just something like "Update your editor" which is a link. You click on it and voila`, you have easy peasy photos in blogger. I have sure had many frustrated hours in the old system.

I will put out a post and see if someone can help us out with the exact words and location.

In the meantime, a clever helpful friend told me that if you move your photos around in the HTML section rather than the COMPOSE section you have much more success and you can eliminate all those annoying added spaces as well. However the new editor will eliminate the need to do this. So stay tuned!!

Sarah said...

I'm a bit too scared of the HTML section though and that's why I use the Compose section. I tried editing something in the HTML section a few years back and completely stuffed up my blog for a bit.