Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

25 January 2010

Happy First Birthday to The Key to the Door

When I first started this blog, my dear friend Helen was the first person to leave a comment. She said,

"The pressure is on me leaving the FIRST comment for it to be significant! I am sooooo excitied for you Meredith to enter the world of blogging. I hope it brings as much thought, friendship, growth and amusement in your blogging life as it has in mine. Looking foward to sharing the Year of Optimism with you!"

At the time I was so excited to actually get a comment on my blog that I didn't fully appreciate what she had written.  But a year down the track I can safely say that Helen was absolutely correct.  A year of blogging has brought thought, friendship, growth and amusement in truckloads. 

As I reflect on one year of blogging I am thankful for
  • a place to write and think, especially about the most important things of all...the things of God.
  • the accountability to keep reading my Bible and other good books that being in blogosphere has provided.
  • the encouragement I've received from dear friends via the comments, emails, letters and things you've said to me in person.  I have been blessed with so many kind words about my ramblings.
  • the new friends I have made - through our comment pages, some who I am now in contact with via email, a handful for whom it is my privilege to pray and one I am looking forward to meeting later this week!  It is great to be a part of this community.  Thank you.
  • and yes...it's just been a hoot.  For example, if you actually saw our "garden" you would realise how funny it is that, to date, I have NINE posts labelled "How does my garden grow"!  And this post was pretty funny too.
The first year has been an absolute joy.  Thank you for travelling with me.  Now, onto the second year!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations Meredith- your blog is such a blessing! love Steph

Meredith said...

Thank you Steph. I treasure your encouragement and more so, your friendship.

Mrs. Edwards said...

When I saw this I was surprised. I guess your blog is so much a part of my blog-reading subscriptions that I felt like it had always been there! I'm glad to count myself among your readers.
Blessings to you!
Amy

Meredith said...

Thank you Amy. It has been a real blessing to get to know you a little these last few months. Your godliness is a great encouragement to me. Thanks.

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Keep blogging!

Meredith said...

Thanks for popping in to say hello. I've been enjoying your blog. I used to teach in Corrigin. And thanks for the encouragement. I'll definitely keep blogging!

mattnbec said...

Happy blogthday! So glad you started blogging.

x Bec

Meredith said...

Thanks Bec. Your comments are always an encouragement. As is the knowledge that you read The Key to the Door. Thank you.