Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

09 September 2009

Recipe Tag - Toblerone and Berry Cheesecake

Ally started a recipe meme with an amazing recipe for Pumpkin and Apple Risotto. Nicole tagged me with her Chicken Mikaela recipe and I am delighted both to be tagged and also that Nicole's recipe included cream.

The rules of this meme are:-
1. Choose one ingredient from my recipe and post a recipe using this ingredient on their blog, linking back to the previous blogs that have posted a recipe.
2. Then tag four new people, and we will see how it grows.
3. To keep it exciting please post within a week of receiving the tag.

When I first thought about which recipe to share, I was going to go for the obvious and piggyback on the chicken ingredient with the very delicious Pumpkin and Chicken stirfry. But the inclusion of cream in Nicole's recipe means that I cannot go past...

TOBLERONE AND BERRY CHEESECAKE


1 cup of plain biscuit crumbs
1/3 cup of melted butter
2 x 250gm blocks of philadelphia cheese
2 teaspoons of gelatine dissolved in 1/2 cup of boiling water
3/4 cup of caster sugar
200gm (or more) of melted toblerone
1/2 cup of cream
1 cup of frozen or fresh berries

Mix the biscuits and butter together and press into a 20cm spring form pan. Put in the fridge to set.
Beat the cream cheese until soft.
Add the dissolved gelatine, caster sugar, cream and most of the melted chocolate and blend until smooth.
Pour over the base. Squiggle the last bits of melted chocolate over the top for great effect.
Chill.
When serving, pile the berries on top. (I usually use frozen berries and I don't even bother to defrost them. They look nice coming to the table slightly frosted and have thawed by the time you have served up.)
To go right over the top, serve with cream.

This makes a good sized cheesecake. If you want an ABUNDANT cheesecake then use three blocks of philly cheese and increase the other ingredients by about a half. This recipe is not an exact science so a little more or less of any of the ingredients works. Or double the quantities and use a bigger tin. It's fairly flexible.

Enjoy.

I'm going to tag Sharon, Helen, Mrs Edwards and Matt. Go to it!

7 comments:

Helen said...

I am only going to play if you make this cheesecake and serve it on Friday morning!!!

Meredith said...

Oops! Think I may have misinterpreted the rules! On closer reading, maybe you are supposed to use an ingredient from Ally's original recipe and not from the person's recipe who tagged you. So future players, have another read of the rules, interpret them as you will and play on!
Mxx

Meredith said...

Helen, I would be delighted to serve this up to you one Friday morning - or perhaps even one Monday lunch time in December - just not this Friday morning!!

Sharon said...

Will do ASAP. I already know what recipe I am going to include. I am assuming that I may only use ingredients from your recipe, as the one who tagged me.

Meredith said...

Yes Sharon, that is correct. Some clarification of rules has taken place today and yes, you use an ingredient from my recipe. Sorry - I have laready tagged Mrs Edwards, which was very cheeky of me! Looking forward to your recipe.

matthew said...

Done! My deeeeelicious bbq sauce recipe is now posted: http://cryptotheology.wordpress.com/2009/09/10/recipe-meme-chicken-pieces-with-espresso-barbeque-sauce/

Meredith said...

Thanks Matt! I was a bit scared about choosing you!! But then Bec may tell you that one of the hallmarks of my year has been to take a few more risks. Thanks for joining in.