Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

05 October 2014

Understanding, appreciation and the source of all joy

We seem often to forget that salvation [through Christ] from sin and eternal destruction is a blessing of such magnitude that we should rejoice even if God never blessed us in any other way.

That quote was in my last post and its words just keep running through my head.  It encourages me to apprehend the significance of Jesus with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and reminds me to be to be abundantly grateful for everything else in this life.  These are good words.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The quote is from Roger Ellsworth in They Echoed the Voice of God: Reflections on the Minor Prophets from his chapter on Habakkuk with addition from me. 

No comments: