Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

05 January 2014

Things I like # 1

# 1 - A trampoline spring tool

Back in the day when Kevin Rudd was handing out stimulus package money, we spent some of ours on a trampoline.  The frame and springs are originals but we have replaced the mat, spring protector and barrier net each a couple of times.  Yesterday I replaced the mat that had done us two excellent years' service.  When I ordered the new mat I took the liberty of ordering one of these too...


...a trampoline spring tool.  This handy little tool enabled me to put the new mat on in ten minutes without giving myself a hernia as opposed to the last time when it took more than half an hour and was, shall we say, a tad exhausting.  I may not have many more trampoline mats to replace in my lifetime as a mother of boys who are not so small anymore.  But even if I only use it one or two more times, it was a worthwhile purchase.  Don't change a trampoline mat without a trampoline spring tool.  You can borrow mine if you need one.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, I wish we had room for a trampoline!

Meredith said...

I think of you every now and then with regards to a trampoline, and what a useful thing it would be for your family. I went into a slight panic when the springs started spontaneously bursting from the mat on Christmas Eve, and wondered how we would all manage until I could find a replacement.