Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

28 June 2013

Guess what?

It turns out my apple peeler, corer and slicer...


doesn't just peel, core and slice.  It makes apple slinkies!


All of a sudden I think I've become a kitchen gadget person. 

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I have always wanted one of those - lucky you!

Meredith said...

It's a pretty funny thing to own. And apple consumption has risen sharply in the last few days. But where to keep it? This is the problem with gadgets. Maybe now that I'm a gadget person I will need a gadget cupboard!

Wendy said...

Yes, I always did think they were rather large for the specific nature of the gadget! It is a gimmick, but a fun one. I do have an appliance cupboard, there is no way they could all fit on my kitchen benchtops! Enjoy your apples.

Wendy said...

We've owned one of these for a while and love it, but the novelty factor wears off after a while. Haven't had an apple slinky recently.

Meredith said...

Yes, it is wearing off a little now. It has been fun to take it to church for Sunday School morning tea/snacks. But not churning through quite as many kilos of apples now.