Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

10 November 2011

Think and Grow Rich

I was reading the Bible while travelling on public transport this week.  Some major catch up reading in Jeremiah, as it turned out.  The person who sat next to me was also reading.  His book was called Think and Grow Rich

His book was about growing in personal riches in a thoughtful way.  So was mine.  I thought his book, at least from the title, was a bit sad and without lasting hope.  I hope he was doing some reading over my shoulder.

But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him. 
He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream. 
It does not fear whe the heat comes;
its leaves are always green. 
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit. 
Jeremiah 17:7.8

No comments: