Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

25 June 2011

Garden Update # 9

It was a very long, hot summer.  By December I had all but given up on the garden.  But about a month ago winter showed up.  The temperature dropped.  The rain started to fall.  And it was time to get into the garden.  So here are some before and after shots.

Before...


and after.


Before...


...and after.


A smaller variety of herbs this year - basil, thyme, coriander, parsley and mint.  No need to grow perfect sage when I don't use it!  But I would like another rosemary plant and look, there is an empty pot in the corner.  One more trip to the nursery. 

Before...


...and after.


Needs weeding...but I am loving the life and colour even so.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow Meredith! You definitely have a green thumb! My garden is looking hideously overgrown so could you please come and fix it? Pretty please :)

Meredith said...

Thanks Sarah. But don't be deceived. They are three small pockets of joy in amongst a large yard (I don't even call it a garden) of dreadfulness. Indeed oldest son was heard to say just last week, "We have an awful garden." And he is right. Except for these three little spots.

Helen said...

I just brought some parsley and basil at the weekend markets too! Remember that yellow standard rose I had in a pot? I regret I didn't leave it with you as the heat up here has killed it, or rather I didn't water it as much as I should have during the dry season...

Meredith said...

It was a beautiful rose but yes, your current location may not be the best for roses! I'm loving have some again. They will need to be pruned in a week or two and then I will have five stick plants again until spring!!

Enjoy your herbs. In addition to your yellow rose I also remember your amazing basil patch...jars and jars of pesto just waiting to be made! Yum. Basil is the greatest herb of them all!