Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

14 June 2011

The Book Depository

The Book Depository is an online bookstore that markets books at extraordinarily good prices and doesn't charge postage!  And it runs an affiliate scheme.

What does that mean?

It means that if you buy your books at the The Book Depository and happen to go to their site via my blog then I get a 5% credit for the books you purchase.

How does it work?

All you have to do is visit my blog on your way to the bookstore and while you are here you click on the Book Depository button on my sidebar.  That will take you to The Book Depository site.  Then you do your own shopping in the normal way and 5% of the sum of your purchase is credited to me.  It doesn't cost you anything extra.

Why would you do it?

Well, as it turns out, I checked my shopping history at The Book Depository and of the nearly 30 books I have purchased there I've only kept two for myself.  The rest have all been gifts.  And most of them bear the titles
Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus,
Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross,
Be Still, My Soul and
Valley of Vision

So my intention in joining this affiliate scheme is not to profit from your book shopping and plan a holiday for myself in Tuscany but rather to increase my capacity to give away more great books like these to lots more people.  The Key to the Door is a not for profit organisation!!  Who knows, I may even give the odd book away right here on this blog!  So if you would like to help me out, please make your travels to The Book Depository site via this blog and click on the Book Depository button in the sidebar.

What if you you are not comfortable with this?

Some will not be comfortable with this and that is fine.  If that is you then please ignore this, do your Book Depository shopping by going to their site directly and still be my friend.  Forget I ever mentioned it.  :-)

6 comments:

Amy said...

I love shopping at The Book Depository to get books that I cannot find in the USA. That free worldwide shipping gets me every time! It's nice to know someone who's an affiliate.

Meredith said...

Thanks Amy. In fact I am not 100% whether the affiliate thing will work for you and other friends in the US because as far as I can see there is a US department for USA customers and then the UK homebase for the rest of the world! But I would be most pleased if you would give it a go some time.
Hope the holidays are going well.
Mx

Stephanie said...

I hope the affiliate thing is ok here in the US. I used Book Depository a lot last Christmas and will probably do the same this year via your lovely blog!
lots to love to you. xx

Meredith said...

Thanks Steph. Well, it will be great for you, me and hopefully a few other recipients of books if it all works out, but if not, thanks for saying nice things about my blog. :-)
Lots of love to you too.
Mx

Cathy said...

I think it's a great plan, Meredith. I'll come via your blog for my next purchase, for sure. xc

Meredith said...

Thanks Cathy. That's very kind of you. Thanks for your support in this little venture.