- The first Adam began life in a garden. Christ, the second Adam, came at the end of his life to a garden.
- In Eden Adam sinned. In Gethsemane the Saviour overcame sin.
- In Eden Adam fell. In Gethsemane Jesus conquered.
- In Eden Adam hid himself. In Gethsemane our Lord boldly presented himself.
- In Eden the sword was drawn. In Gethsemane it was sheathed.
I wonder whether Kent Hughes is a little bold in his assertion regarding the comparison between the two gardens. None the less, it does illustrate the big picture of the Bible wonderfully and provides some practical insight into Romans 5:12-21.