Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

30 October 2014

Thankfulness

 
Most merciful Father, we humbly thank you
for all your gifts so freely bestowed on us.
For life and health and safety, for power to work and leisure to rest,
and for all that is beautiful in creation and in the lives of men,
we praise and glorify your holy name.
But, above all, we thank you
for your spiritual mercies in Christ Jesus our Lord,
for the means of grace,
and for the hope of glory.
Fill our hearts with all joy and peace in believing;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen
 
(From An Australian Prayer Book p.36)
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meredith, I do so love stopping by and reading your views.
Lately the more traditional prayers and psalms have really touched me.
Would love to discuss my bible reading with you and the latest book I am reading- "The Grace Awakening" by Charles Swindoll. There is a lot to absorb just in this one book. Thank you again for supplying something I can go to and read. It is especially comforting that you are a Victorian which somehow makes me feel almost like a neighbour eeven though I am almost three hours away.

Meredith said...

Hello anon,
Thanks for dropping by and for your words of encouragement. So glad you are finding good refreshment in good books, especially the Best Book.
I should say I'm not actually from Victoria...right country, wrong state. :-)