Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

30 July 2014

Another winter update - and probably no more till spring

Mum's funeral: was lovely. Really beautiful. Service, words, music, flowers, photos, family and special friends - all perfect. Since then there have been busy days, quiet days, good days, sad days, days of doing paperwork, days of doing not much at all. It depends on the day.

Enormously thankful: for many kind messages sent to us via various media and especially for many, many prayers. The best prayer that made this introvert's heart sing, and gave good courage for what was required, was for strength to do all the meeting and greeting and the facing of the masses.  This prayer in particular was and continues to be powerfully helpful.  A good one to remember for others down the track.

Decided: to cut and run on the Bible reading plan. At the last winter update the calendar date was the 5th July and I was up to the 20th June on the reading plan. It's now the 30th July and I am still up to the 20th June on the plan. Life has not been without the Bible. At times I have been falling into my soft spots. At other times I haven't opened the cover but drawn from what is locked away in my heart and mind. But it is time. A couple of days ago I was resolved to do double readings and gradually get caught up. Last night I decided that the 2nd August looks like a good re-entry point on the plan. In the meantime I'll read a few favourites until Saturday. One day of readings per day is enough at the moment.

Reading: a few other bits and pieces.  North and South is trundling along slowly but nicely.  One son asked, "So who's your favourite author?  Ms A or Liz G?"  Just beginning to nibble slowly slowly at a couple of other books - one in preparation for some upcoming Bible studies and one to finish where I left off a while ago.

Watching: Downton Abbey. It's wonderful.  (Except for Thomas the Footman.)  Where have I been?  Oh yes...hiding in the West Wing.  So glad to have found my way to Downton.  Good viewing for evenings on the sofa under a blanket with a cup of tea. 

Signing off: just for a little while.  There are things to do, quiet time to be had and my head is uncustomarily woolly.  I expect it will clear in time.  See you in the Spring.

2 comments:

Deb said...

See you in the Spring then, dear Meredith. Lots of love to you.

Meredith said...

Thank you dear Deb. And behold, it is August. Spring is not that far away.
Mx