Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

05 December 2013

How's your Advent?

During the last week I have had an enormous amount of traffic to a post I wrote in 2009 - the one about how you can use the Jesus Storybook Bible as an Advent calendar.  Over 2000 visitors to that one post.  In a week.  (Hello visitors!)  That is quite a lot more than the usual ten dear ones (hello you guys) who drop by occasionally.

Anyway, in case you missed it...if you go HERE you will find all the hard work for getting the Jesus Storybook Bible up and running as an Advent calendar done and ready to print off for free.  It's probably too late for this year but go and print off a copy ready for another year - or to give away.  This is an amazing resource.

In other news, I have just about finished all the Christmas shopping I am going to do this year.  Good news.   However the Christmas letter writing muse seems to have upped and left the house.  And given it's 5th December...that's bad news. 

4 comments:

Jean said...

:) What fun, Meredith! Link from The Briefing, was it? I know I saw that link somewhere.

Meredith said...

No, I just found it floating around Facebook. It looks great, doesn't it?

Karen said...

We are only one day behind on the Advent calendar so far ;) I just bought one of the ones from Reformers Bookshop this year (The Real Christmas Tree), comes with a little book of readings that are too long for the two year old but just right for everyone else.
I also saw on Facebook a while ago that you were talking about The Christmas Mystery book, which I have read before, so this year I have it from the library and we are trying to read a chapter of that one each night as well. The kids are quite enjoying it.

Meredith said...

Hi Karen.

Good work with the Advent calendar. We are using a REALLY simple Advent calendar this year so we are all up to date at the moment.

I didn't hear from anyone about The Christmas Mystery. I vaguely remember reading it a long time ago but can't really recall much of the detail. In the absence of comments on Facebook I went looking for reviews and found them to be mixed and so decided not to read it to the kids this year. So I am very keen to hear how you go. Please let me know if it worked.

Happy Adventing.
Mxx