Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

01 November 2013

Status Report: November

Drinking: Chai.  Made from a teabag.  Twinings Chai.  It's not bad actually. 

Eating:  Maltesers.

Feeling: tired.

Reading: Praying: Finding our Way Through Duty to Delight by JI Packer and Carolyn Nystrom.  But you knew that.

Wondering: if anyone nearby has a copy of Heading Home by Naomi Reed that I could borrow.

Suffering: from killer hay fever.  I read in the news a couple of weeks ago that this year's hay fever season has come late and hard in our neck of the woods.  I concur on both counts.  One of my favourite parts of the day currently is when I wake up and get to take my next antihistamine.

Watching: way, way, WAY too much West Wing and wondering if you feel as sad when you get to the end of it all a second time as you do when you finish it the first time.

Thinking: I need to plan to bake one of these this month.  It was one of my things to do this year.  And I am running out of year.  How hard can it be, really?

Anticipating: the next two months, sometimes with joy and sometimes with slight panic.

Praying: for joy, not panic.

Singing: and/or listening to this beautiful song a lot at the moment.  And remembering the special times of singing it with friends on special occasions at church in times past.



Deciding: that this will be my last monthly status report.  I will be back next month (what???) but with a more seasonal approach to status reports.

No comments: