Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

23 May 2012

Book spine poetry: The Pilgrim's Progress

Jean has tagged me in a book spine poetry meme.  Ali had done some.  Here are some other examples.

And here's mine.  The top book is the title.


The Pilgrim's Progress

What am I doing here?
Please understand me,
Hard times.
Calm my anxious heart.
Stirrings of the soul,
Sometimes gladness,
Surprised by joy,
O love that will not let me go,
A fortunate life.
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Now to tag some others.  Here are the rules.
  • Create a book spine poem.
  • Take a picture.
  • Post it on your blog.
  • Link back to this post.
  • Tag another blogger, or two, or ten.
Tagging Matt, Rebecca, Ally, Jenny, Karen, Sharon, Amy, Sarah and Wendy.

And if there is anyone out there who doesn't have a blog but wants to have a go, feel free to send me your photo in an email and I will post it here for you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect, Meredith. Brilliant poem! Did it take you ages?!?!?!?!?

Sal

Meredith said...

Thanks Sal. Actually, it didn't take long at all. Once I my eye fell upon "What am I doing here?" it was all pretty straight forward after that. Apart from one book, they were all selected from a set of shelves in the one room, in a matter of a very few minutes. I was expecting it to take longer. It was pretty good fun.

Sarah said...

That's brilliant, Meredith! :)

I will have a go.

Meredith said...

Great Sarah. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Sharon said...

A great idea... the only problem is, all my books are presently in boxes getting ready for our removal in 3 1/2 weeks! I'll see what I can do.

Meredith said...

How exciting Sharon. I can wait until you get unpacked at the other end. Congratulations on the new position. Hooray!