Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

23 February 2012

Making a spectacle of myself

This was always supposed to be one of the five new things for last year, but at least I can say I am making excellent headway into this year's list of things to do.  Because today I picked up my new reading glasses.


It must be fun to be an optometrist and daily see the joy in people's faces as the very small print on their "Here, have a read of this" card suddenly becomes amazingly visible.  It's quite a miracle really.

Happy days.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

You look lovely. You will feel liberated when reading that teeny tiny writing on packets and medicine bottles!

Meredith said...

Thanks dear Steph. Yes, no more anxiety at the shops! It's the labels that did me in.

Sarah said...

You look great, Meredith. Welcome to the glasses club.

mattnbec said...

My optometrical (??) adventures began in year five. It's taken you a while to catch up, but it does make reading (and everything, actually, for me) much easier!

Meredith said...

Thanks Sarah. And you are so right Bec. Late night Bible reading last night and trying to read directions on the red curry paste label this morning...well, I could actually do both, unlike this time last week!