Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
29 August 2010
Ten things that make me happy
The lovely Ali has tagged me. The brief - to list ten things that make you happy.
1. Living life secure in the knowledge that Jesus died for me. This glorious hope undergirds all else.
2. Sharing life with the three gorgeous people in this photo.
Being on holidays at the beach with them is pretty good too.
3. Reading the Bible first thing in the morning, cup of steaming hot tea by my side, while the house is still quiet. (The house is quiet but that doesn't mean everyone is still asleep. Small people get to stay in their rooms until 7am and that is what makes this possible.)
4. Letters - writing them, sending them, receiving them. Epistolary novels make me happy too.
5. Speaking of books...reading, time to read and as of recent times, receiving a book in the post from The Book Depository. (Gilead by Marilynne Robinson awaits me for holiday reading. October can't come too quickly!)
6. Listening to this CD - especially the first disc. Loudly if possible. And singing along with it.
7. Praying with other people. Especially precious is time spent praying with my prayer triplet - a group of eight (counting is a small problem...but we are good at praying) who have been praying together in some formation or other depending on who is in town since 1997, at first weekly, then fortnightly and now monthly. Always special.
8. Flowers. Especially of the cottage garden variety. Nice in a vase. But even nicer in a garden.