Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

17 May 2010

Blogging Question

So, if I turn off comment moderation and trust you to behave yourselves with your comments, does blogger let me know that you have left a comment or do I just have to discover it by constantly checking through all my posts?  See, I like to try to reply to most comments and I'd hate to miss one by accident.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I haven't found a way to be notified of new comments yet but I would be very interested if someone knows how to do it. It's funny how 'Facebooked' we've become because we're so used to being notified of new comments in our email.

Helen said...

Oh pick me, pick me! I know the answer!

You can set it up so that every time someone leaves a comment, you will be emailed. Easy!

Dashboard, then settings menu, then comments menu. Down the bottom is a title Comment Notification Email. Type in the box the email address you wish to be notified at and bingo! Every time a comment is left, you will know!

:)

Meredith said...

Helen - you are a genius!!
Moderation off, notification on.
And now everyone just has to behave themselves or the moderation thingy goes on again!!

mattnbec said...

*insert naughty comment here* Tee hee!

Meredith said...

Very cheeky Bec!! If this continues (she says, in her best teacher voice) I shall no alternative but to turn the comment moderation thingy back on.

Sarah said...

Hahaha Bec :)

Ali said...

Glad somebody helped you out here - what a nuisance it would be if you didn't get emails of comments.

Meredith said...

Exactly, Ali. Comments would just get missed and that would be no good. But this system seems to work - as you can see! Mxx

Sarah said...

There's a Blogger gadget called Recent Comments which you add and it will list the 10 (or whatever number you choose) most recent comments on your sidebar. I tried it but it looked so ugly that I decided to remove it