Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

04 April 2010

Easter Sunday

because we are all
betrayers, taking
silver and eating
body and blood and asking
(guilty) is it I and hearing
him say yes
it would be simple for us all
to rush out
and hang ourselves

but if we find grace
to cry and wait
after the voice of morning
has crowed in our ears
clearly enough
to break our hearts
he will be there
to ask us each again
do you love me

from The Sighting

4 comments:

Helen said...

Happy Easter Meredith to you and your boys. :) xx

Meredith said...

Thanks Helen. Happy Easter to you too and enjoy the holidays.
Mxx

Sharon said...

He is Risen! I hope your Easter is glorious and your worship of the Saviour is deep and full. This poem is a wonderful find, thank you for sharing it.

Meredith said...

He is risen indeed.

Thank you Sharon. I actually found this poem in a commentary on John! I found out a bit about the poet on the internet and would like to read a little more of her work at some stage.

Easter was good here. We had many good times with our church family and I spent most of them looking after small children in the creche in order to free up others to be in the services. But it was no sacrifice. I had fun teaching the small ones about Jesus' love for them. Tonight, once our children are in bed, I look forward to some quiet time with a cup of tea reading John 14 to 17.

I trust your Easter was great too. And that what follows will be FANTASTIC too. You will be in my prayers this next month.