Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

01 December 2009

Real Hope


Some real hope at Christmas - because without Christmas there is no Easter and without Easter we are without hope. This is a beautiful song by Colin Buchanan. The music is gorgeous too but it is deeply refreshing to the read the words as stand alone poetry. Be encouraged this Christmas.

Real Hope

It was a real birth in real stable
In a real dusty Judean town
And a real mother nursed her precious baby
And a bunch of wide-eyed shepherds gathered round
And real angles sang “Glory!”
For real hope was born that day.

I bet all I have on Jesus
I will throw myself on him
For the one who died a real death, for real sin
I bet all I have on Jesus
And throughout eternity
I will marvel at the real hope
That my Saviour won for me

It was a real life
He had real friends
He walked shoulder to shoulder with the lost
He wept real tears
For the fallen ones
And he anguished over sin's dreadful cost
And on a real cross he cried, "Forgive them!"
As his real life drained away.

I bet all I have on Jesus
I will throw myself on him
For the one who died a real death, for real sin
I bet all I have on Jesus
And throughout eternity
I will marvel at the real hope
That my Saviour won for me

I have real fears
I do real sin
And I hurt the ones I cherish and adore
But the real mercy
Of the true God
Sees the filthy fallen purchased and restored
And I cry "My God - O fill me
With a heart completely yours!"

I bet all I have on Jesus
I will throw myself on him
For the one who died a real death, for real sin
I bet all I have on Jesus
And throughout eternity
I will marvel at the real hope
That my Saviour won for me


(And nothing now until Monday. I am onto my once a week with a few exceptions regime until February.)

No comments: