Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

22 June 2009

Garden Update # 2

So, I thought I would ease myself into this gardening thing. In addition to the "tough flowers" and the herbs purchased at the nursery, I also got several bags of potting mix. I got my five large terracotta pots (actually, four terracotta pots and one plastic terracotta-look-alike pot), filled them with the potting mix, popped in the herbs and...

...there you have a very satisfying little corner. I'm very happy about that.
As for that rogue marigold, if you remember this part of the garden that looks onto the trampoline...
...you will notice a couple of dodgy looking plastic chairs just to the right - a place to sit when supervising children on said trampoline.
That little space has been transformed into this, with thanks to the marigold!
That is a much better spot to sit and supervise trampoline shenanigans, complete with a place to put one's cup of tea. I have visions of sitting there in the mornings to read and pray with a cup of tea when the weather warms up too.
Well, that was a good start!

2 comments:

Helen said...

A great place to have a mothers day biscuit too!

Meredith said...

My thoughts exactly!