Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

16 May 2009

Daylight Saving

Today 1.3 million adults in Western Australia will vote YES or NO to daylight saving between the end of October and the end of March each year.

I took R (who is six) and N (who is approaching four) with me to cast my vote - a good chance for them to see what the election process looks like when the ballot paper isn't too difficult to complete - ie. I could vote and supervise at the same time! On the way we discussed the issue.

M: So R, what do you think of daylight saving? Should I vote yes or no?
R: Vote no. I don't like it.
M: Why?
R: Because it is boring.

OK...moving onto the next boy...

M: So N, what do YOU think of daylight saving?
N: (with joy) I love light sabers Mummy.

Don't think we have fully grasped the issues in our household!

2 comments:

Helen said...

R was right! *sigh* I voted the other way though.....

Meredith said...

All happy faces around here!! Although N would be distraught if he thought light sabers had been voted out. Luckily that wasn't the purpose of the referendum!!