Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

01 March 2009

A Prayer of Thanksgiving


Here is a beautiful prayer of thanksgiving taken from the 1978 edition of An Australian Prayer Book.  Enjoy…and if you like, pray.

Most merciful Father,
we humbly thank you
for all your gifts so freely bestowed on us.
For life and health and safety,
for power to work and leisure to rest
and for all that is beautiful in creation and in the lives of humanity,
we praise and glorify your holy name.
But, above all, we thank you
for your spiritual mercies in Christ Jesus our Lord,
for the means of grace,
and for the hope of glory.
Fill our hearts with all joy and peace in believing;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen

1 comment:

Helen said...

Meredith! We saw N and D last night and today in refelection of our evening with them, I found myself feeling very thankful for my quiet little life with a loving and supportive husband by my side..... I really just popped in to "smile and wave boys, smile and wave" but thought I would share that as I was thankful today. x