Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

25 January 2009

Where is Blogging on the Thrill Spectrum?

Slightly over twenty years ago (oh my, was it THAT long ago??) I did Educational Psychology – one of the compulsory units in my teaching degree. I can hardly remember a thing from the course apart from one delightful paragraph from the prescribed textbook concerning levels of thrill. It stated that people have different levels of thrill – that for some, to get the adrenalin pumping, they would need to climb mountains or engage in other such forms of dangerous sport. (The term "extreme sports" had not yet been coined!) Others could achieve the same effect from playing a game of chess. Whilst not that keen on chess I remember thinking, somewhat forlornly, that I was more at the chess end of the spectrum.

No comments: