Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

29 January 2009

The Key to the Door


So why "The Key to the Door?" Well, two reasons really.

Firstly, I recently had my birthday, and turned the auspicious age of 42. I laughed with a friend that 42 was double 21. If at 21 one can get the key to the door then surely at 42 one is entitled to a second key…maybe a back door key if the lock is different. And as I was reflecting on my newly acquired "two key" status, it came to me that if one were to have a blog, then "The Key to the Door" might well be as good a title as any.

But out of the mirth comes a happy co-incidence in the second reason. First and foremost I am a Christian. So it goes without saying that much of what I will reflect upon in this blog - in amongst posts about daily life as a wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend (and maybe even letter writer and one time primary school teacher) - is Jesus, who is THE key to THE door.

Jesus says of himself, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6) If this sounds unfamiliar and yet interesting to you, click on the Two Ways to Live button in the sidebar, have a read and see what you think.

7 comments:

mattnbec said...

Well, that answers one thing I had wondered. How many other questions/wonderings do you think you can address in this blog? ;-)

Bec

Meredith said...

You know me Bec! I'am always up for a challenge. What are your questions and wonderings?

Helen Simpson said...

Two key status for Meredith!

I just found this blog here:
http://joneslifeaustinblog.blogspot.com/

Thought you might be interested. x

Sharon said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, Meredith. I found your blog through your comment on Jean's blog.

I have found blogging a great outlet for my thoughts. But there are occasional times when I have to remind myself to enjoy a moment instead of thinking about blogging about it. A bit like when I scrapbooked regularly.

Anyway, happy going with the blog. Don't worry about too many rules. Not all that many people read my blog because I don't read & comment on hundreds of others, but I have made one friend from overseas through it who is now one of my dearest sisters in Christ and a wonderful prayer partner, despite the fact that we have never visited each other's countries, let alone each other!

~ Sharon

Meredith said...

Hi Sharon!

Thanks for your warm welcome and encouragement! I have had a dip into your blog (also via comments left at Jean's blog...thankyou Jean!!)

It strikes me that blogging is pretty much like keeping a diary except that you throw it out to the world! And yes, it does seem that there is great potential to start framing experiences in one's mind in neat paragraphs with a snappy title!! Which I guess could be interpreted as thinking in a very orderly or else just plain funny!!

Anyway, thanks so much for dropping in.

Meredith said...

Hi Sharon again.
Just shows, you should proof your comments as well as your posts!
I did mean to say... I had dipped into your blog AND enjoyed it.
And that crazy last sentence is meant to say...
"Which I guess could be interpeted as thinking in a very orderly fashion or else just be plain funny."
Once I get the hang of this blog thing I will find out if and how to edit things after they have been posted. A lesson for down the track. In the meantime, I will just proof read this before I hit PUBLISH!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Good reasons! I was wondering about the title. Love your work Meredith. Have just spent 45 mins dipping into your blog and links from it and so on. Will read more another day, now I really should go and pay my bills due tomorrow .... love Sal