Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

29 August 2012

Elizabeth Bennett or Mr Collins?

Over the weekend Deb highlighted some quizzes that reveal which Jane Austen character you are most like.   What fun.

In the first one I am Elinor Dashwood.

The second quiz draws on a broader selection of characters - male and female.  And as you don't get to specify whether you are male or female, you can wind up being any character, male or female.  As the computer was churning through my results for this second quiz I felt a bit like Harry Potter at the beginning of first year under the sorting hat, hoping that he wouldn't be in Slytherin. 

Except I was sitting there thinking, "Not Mr Collins.  Not Mr Collins."

Turns out I am most like Jane Bennett.  Phew.

Except I then commented to Deb that there is no way Jane would have brazenly asked someone she'd met only recently for a dishwasher magnet!  Far too forward.

So readers of The Key to the Door, if you haven't already done this elsewhere in cyberspace this week, why don't you pop over to Deb's place, do the quizzes and then come back here and let me know who you got.  

No comments: