Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

02 February 2010

Calling all Bloggers - Help Needed

In my public service announcement two posts ago, I commented on how the updated Blogger editor makes it easy to download photos and move them around in one's blog without all the previous frustrations of blogger completely re-arranging one's post.  I discovered this new editor a few weeks ago quite by accident.  I'm guessing it was somewhere on the dashboard but it may have been buried further in.  (Not too much further in, mind you because I wouldn't have otherwise found it!)  To update the editor simply requires you to find the "Update your editor" (or words to that effect) link and click. 

Sarah would like to know where this update can be found.  Could some sweet blogger who hasn't done this update yet have a look around and if you find where it is and what it says, could you please place a comment here telling us all where it is and what it said exactly then I can direct Sarah to it and others will benefit too.  Just imagine, no more Blogger grey hairs!! 

And while I am asking for help, some of you clever bloggers have a function on your comments page where I get to tick a box to receive an email notifying me of comments others have made in relation to posts where I have left a comment.  (That's a very long sentence!)  Can anyone tell me how to do that?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting that :) Hopefully someone will be able to help us!

Mrs. Edwards said...

When you are logged into your blog, preparing a post or managing posts, click on the "settings" tab (you should see "posts" "settings" "layout" and "monetize"). In the Settings menu you have several options: Basic, Publishing, Formatting, Comments, Archiving, Site Feed, Email and Mobile, OpenID, Permissions. Choose "Basic" and then scroll down to the bottom for "Global Settings" and choose your post editor from the options.

I'm not sure how to enable or disable the "subscribe to comments." As far as I've experienced, this is always an available option when I read blogger blogs, but I am logged into my Google account, which may make a difference. (?)

Ali said...

Hi Meredith. I thought the update blogger editor thing was just at the bottom of the post screen (as in when you open a new post) but maybe I am wrong. I also think the function to tick a box to get follow-up comments should be automatic, as I have it on mine and I didn't put it there. But, it only works if you have signed in (as in, if I go to comment on someone else's blog and haven't yet signed in to blogger, I won't get that option - but I should see it there after I have submitted the first comment). Actually I have just looked and voila, I the option to "subscribe by email" below this box, so obviously you have it on your blog.

Meredith said...

Thanks Amy!! You have found it!! I'll let Sarah know. And thanks Ali, for letting me know that I have that function. Some blogs seem to and some don't and I'm really sure why or how it happened. But I'm pleased that it is working here. Nice to hear from you both. Thanks for taking the time to sort out my problems. Have a good day both of you. Mxx

Ali said...

No worries. Yes, sometime recently I just had a button in the post screen that said something like "update blogger editor", which I thought you were referring to. It was a simple click of that button for me, which is now gone.

Meredith said...

Yes, I think you are right there Ali. I'd be pretty sure that's how I found it! So it is good to have the mystery solved all round. And hopefully others will benefit from the chatter about it too.